In this 2-day course, brachytherapy practitioners will introduce the principles and techniques of gynecological cancer, mainly cervical cancer. This will be the first brachytherapy workshop in Japan after COVID. The course content will focus on standard (intracavitary brachytherapy) and advanced (hybrid brachytherapy) treatment skills and research trends.
- Applicator /needle insertion techniques
- Hands-on sessions on treatment planning
- Supportive care (sedation, analgesia)
Yoshida Kenji Tottori University Hospital , Radiation Clinic (Radiology, Radiological Treatment)
- Tatsuya Ohno, Gunma University Heavy Ion Medical Center, Japan
- Hitoshi Ikushima, Tokushima University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences
- Ken Ando, Gunma Prefectural Cancer Center
- Yusaku Miyata, Kurume University School of Medicine
- Ono Yasushi, Tottori University Hospital
- Akiko Kubo, Tokushima University
- Sakaguchi Hiromi, Tottori University Hospital
- Seno Satoshi, Kobe University Hospital
- Tsujino Kayoko, Hyogo Cancer Center
Radiation Oncologists who intend to make a transition from practice of standard brachytherapy to advanced gynecological brachytherapy. Or radiation oncologists who are thinking to start brachytherapy for gynecology. Medical Physicists who intend to develop skills in principles of treatment planning of advanced brachytherapy for gynecological cancers.
Basic knowledge of standard/advanced gynecological brachytherapy practice is required.
Japanese only and no translator available.
The registration fee is 40000 JPY per participant, including 1 group dinner. The fee is exclusive of travel and hotel costs.
For registration please send the information below to the following email address: email@example.com