You are invited to attend a clinical workshop on the use of advanced brachytherapy techniques. This workshop will focus on the use of image guided adaptive brachytherapy for the treatment of cervical cancer, hybrid gynecologic applicators (e.g. the Venezia advanced gynecologic applicator), and real-time ultrasound guided HDR prostate cancer treatment.
This workshop will take place at the brachytherapy department in the CHU de Québec – Université where the faculty consists of highly-recognized experts with extensive experience in prostate and cervical cancer brachytherapy.
(this is located in the middle of the old Quebec City, a UNESCO World Heritage Site)
• Observe live brachytherapy cases in prostate and cervical cancer
• Learn how to implement image-guided adaptive brachytherapy in the treatment of prostate and cervical cancer
• Introduce hybrid gynecologic applicators (e.g. Venezia), volume-based treatment planning for cervical cancer and appropriate needle placement
• Implementation aspects (e.g. workflow, quality assurance, milestones)
• Hands-on experience with Oncentra treatment planning software
The workshop objectives include:
1. Image guided brachytherapy and adaptive treatment planning
* Practical insights into how this treatment method will benefit your practice
* Discuss the barriers to implementation at your clinic and how to overcome them
* The clinical procedure, workflow and equipment that’s needed
2. Cervical and prostate brachytherapy:
* Review the clinical data for each modality in the treatment of these cancers
* Discuss how to start your clinical program (implementation aspects including training requirements, learning curve, milestones, workflow optimization, quality assurance)
* Discuss the different imaging used for each modality
* Practice Treatment Planning and Optimization on Oncentra software
3. Observation of live cases:
* See adaptive treatment planning in action
* Opportunity to practice implanting needles on phantom simulators
This workshop is for those that want to advance their brachytherapy practice:
• Radiation Oncologists
• Clinical Physicists
• Brachytherapy Therapists
- Eric Vigneault, Radiation Oncologist
- William Foster, Radiation Oncologist
- Marie-Claude Lavallee, Medical Physicist
- Audrey Cantin, Medical Physicist
- Martine Lefebvre, Brachytherapy Coordinator
Monday, May 13, 2019: 12:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. (lunch included)
Tuesday, May 14, 2019: 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (breakfast and lunch included)
Experience with prostate and cervical brachytherapy is desirable.
This workshop will be in English.
Continuing Education (CE) Credits
This meeting has applied to CAMPEP for approval of [enter number] MPCEC hours. CME credits are NOT available for this meeting.
Only 10 seats are available for this workshop. Openings will be filled on a first-come first-served basis.
The registration fee is 970 EURO (excl VAT) and includes lunch on Monday and breakfast and lunch on Tuesday. The fee is exclusive of travel and hotel costs.
Medical resident for to receive a 50% discount on this workshop, please email firstname.lastname@example.org