Due to Corona (COVID-19) risk of spread, we were forced to cancel the Vienna workshop.
ADVANCED WORKSHOP: IMAGE-GUIDED ADAPTIVE BRACHY FOR GYNECOLOGY
This leading edge program is given by an expert team led by Prof. Dr. R. Pötter and Prof. Dr. C. Kirisits and is complementary to the ESTRO ‘Image-guided radiotherapy & chemotherapy in gynecological cancer’ course.
Participants obtain comprehensive practical insight into the clinical workflow of 3-D image-based brachytherapy for gynecological tumors. Practical issues, solutions and constraints for each participating center are defined during extensive discussions on the practical aspects of implementing 3-D image-based brachytherapy for gynecology.
- Imaging and contouring
- Applicator reconstruction
- Live case (implantation)
- Multidisciplinary treatment planning
- Team roles, logistics, infrastructure, learning curve
- Hands-on exercises
Richard Pötter, MD, PhD – Professor emeritus*
Christian Kirisits, PhD – Prof, Head of Brachytherapy Physics*
Primož Petrič, MD, PhD – Senior consultant radiation oncologist**
Alina Sturdza, MD, FRCPC – Radiation Oncologist*
Nicole Nesvacil, PhD – Ass. Prof., Physicist *
Maximilian Schmid, MD, Radiation Oncologist*
Johannes Knoth, MD – Radiation Oncologist*
* Department of Radiotherapy, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna General Hospital (AKH), Austria
** Aarhus University, Aarhus, Denmark
- Clinical brachytherapy expierence in cervical cancer treatment
- Previous participation in one of the ESTRO Teaching Courses on ‘Image-guided radiotherapy & chemotherapy in gynecological cancer’
- Oncentra Brachy experience is preferable
- Radiation Oncologists
- Clinical Physicists
- Radiation Technologists
The faculty strongly advises multi-disciplinary teams per hospital to register!
The registration fee is 970 euro (excl VAT) and includes all workshop materials, dinner on Monday and beverages and lunches on Monday and Tuesday. The fee is exclusive of travel and hotel costs.
Click here to view a short introduction video of the procedure “Combined interstitial & intracavitary brachytherapy for cervical cancer” as conducted in Vienna General Hospital. To be able to view the extended version of the video, register to the BrachyAcademy website and log in.