The course is fully booked, the next course is scheduled for 3-4 June 2024, please click here
ADVANCED WORKSHOP: IMAGE-GUIDED ADAPTIVE BRACHY FOR GYNECOLOGY
This leading edge program is given by an expert team of the Medical University of Vienna. This course is complementary to the ESTRO ‘Image-guided radiotherapy & chemotherapy in gynecological cancer’ course.
Participants obtain comprehensive practical insight into the clinical workflow of 3D image-guided brachytherapy for gynecological tumors. Practical issues, solutions and constraints for each participating center are defined during extensive discussions on the practical aspects of implementing 3D image-based brachytherapy for gynecology.
- Imaging and contouring
- Applicator reconstruction
- Live case (implantation)
- Multidisciplinary treatment planning
- Team roles, logistics, infrastructure, learning curve
- Hands-on exercises
Richard Pötter, MD, PhD – Professor emeritus*
Christian Kirisits, PhD – Prof, Head of Brachytherapy Physics*
Umesh Mahantshetty, MD, MBBS – Radiation Oncologist**
Alina Sturdza, MD, FRCPC – Radiation Oncologist*
Nicole Nesvacil, PhD – Ass. Prof., Physicist *
Maximilian Schmid, MD, Radiation Oncologist*
Johannes Knoth, MD – Radiation Oncologist*
Aleksandra Winkler, Medical Physicist*
* Department of Radiotherapy, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna General Hospital (AKH), Austria
** Department of Radiation Oncology & Medical Physics, Homi Bhabha Cancer Hospital and Research Centre, Visakhapatnam, India
- Clinical experience with intracavitary/interstitial brachytherapy in cervical cancer is mandatory
- Previous participation in one of the ESTRO Teaching Courses on ‘Image-guided radiotherapy & chemotherapy in gynecological cancer’
- Oncentra Brachy experience is preferable
- Radiation Oncologists
- Clinical Physicists
- Radiation Technologists
The faculty strongly advises multi-disciplinary teams per hospital to register!
The registration fee is 1100 Euro (excl VAT) and includes all workshop materials, dinner on Monday and beverages and lunches on Monday and Tuesday. The fee is exclusive of travel and hotel costs.
Click here to view a short introduction video of the procedure “Combined interstitial & intracavitary brachytherapy for cervical cancer” as conducted in Vienna General Hospital. To be able to view the extended version of the video, register to the BrachyAcademy website and log in.