You are invited to attend an interactive clinical workshop on Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation (APBI) brachytherapy focused on improving your High Dose Rate Brachytherapy treatment planning and delivery for breast cancer treatment. Please join us and learn more about the growing experience with APBI with topics including: clinical evidence, patient selection, controversial issues, target definition and delineation, physical aspects, and specific breast brachytherapy techniques. Highlights of this course include live case observations, hands-on phantom simulation, and interaction with expert faculty and support staff who have optimized the APBI brachytherapy workflow.
Given the international faculty’s extensive and diverse experience in APBI, we aim to present the latest breast brachytherapy data and actively engage you with debates on controversial issues regarding APBI. We will be happy to share our experiences with you as well as our technical expertise, and in this way help you embark on a new program of breast brachytherapy or help you further strengthen your existing program.
January 28-29, 2019
Arizona Breast Cancer Specialists
Workshop Objectives and Topics Include:
- History and current status of breast cancer brachytherapy
- Patient selection and clinical results of APBI brachytherapy
- APBI techniques and pre-implant considerations
- Treatment planning methodologies based on image-guidance, target delineation and definition
- Brachytherapy workflow, required staff and roles, logistics and infrastructure required
- Hands-on phantom simulator for applicator insertion
- Live case observation (based on patient availability)
- Controversial issues in APBI brachytherapy
- Engage with expert faculty including Radiation Oncologists, Physicists and Nurses to implement a breast brachytherapy program or optimize your current program
HCPs that have an interest in APBI brachytherapy treatment, include, but may not be limited to:
- Radiation Oncologists
- Medical Physicists
- Breast Surgeons
January 28: 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm (Lunch included)
January 29: 8:00 am – 2:00 pm (Breakfast & Lunch included)
Continuing Education (CE) Credits:
Elekta has applied to CAMPEP for 7.75 MPCEC hours for Medical Physicists. CME credits are not given for this course
Only 10 seats are available for this workshop. Openings will be filled on a “first come, first served” basis.