The purpose of this interactive masterclass is to learn more about the growing experience with Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation (APBI) in order to help you embark on a new program of breast brachytherapy or help you further strengthen your existing program. Topics covered will include current data about patient selection, state of the art of target definition and delineation, physics aspects and specific breast brachytherapy techniques. Highlights of this course include live case demonstrations, hands-on catheters insertion and treatment planning, interactive sessions exploring the indications and use of various modalities of APBI. Given the faculty’s extensive and diverse experience in APBI, we present the latest breast brachytherapy data and actively engage you with debates on controversial issues regarding APBI.
- Current status of breast cancer brachytherapy
- Patient selection and clinical results of APBI brachytherapy
- APBI techniques and pre-implant considerations
- Treatment planning methodologies based on image-guidance
- Team roles, logistics and infrastructure
- Hands-on planning and implantation (phantom)
- Live patient case in the OR
- Vratislav Strnad, MD, PhD, Prof, University Hospital Erlangen, Germany (Chair)
- Johann Tang I-Hsiung, MD, Prof, MBBS, FRANZCR, FAMS, Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital, Singapore (Chair)
- Cristina Gutiérrez, MD, Institut Català d’Oncologia, Barcelona, Spain (Host)
- Csaba Polgar, MD, Prof, National Cancer Institute Budapest, Hungary
- Tibor Major, PhD, National Cancer Institute Budapest, Hungary
- Jean-Michel Hannoun-Levi MD, PhD, MS, Antoine Lacassagne Cancer Centre/Université Côte d’Azur, Nice, France
Radiation oncologists, medical physicists, and medical residents practicing in the field of breast brachytherapy or wanting to set up breast brachytherapy. The faculty strongly advises multi-disciplinary teams per hospital to register!
- Experience in brachytherapy
- Experience with Oncentra® Brachy, as this is the planning system used during the hands on session.
The registration fee is 1100 euro (excl VAT) and includes dinner on Thursday and beverages and lunches on Thursday and Friday. The fee is exclusive of travel and hotel costs.