You are invited to attend an interactive clinical workshop on image-guided adaptive brachytherapy for Gynecology. Participants obtain comprehensive practical insight into the clinical workflow of 3-D image-guided adaptive brachytherapy for gynecologic cancer. Practical issues, constraints and solutions each participant is currently handling at their institution is discussed with emphasis on the practical aspects of implementing 3-D image-based brachytherapy for treating cervical cancers.
March, 18-19, 2019
601 East Rollins Street
Orlando, Florida 32803
- Learn the benefits of 3D Image-Guided Adaptive Brachytherapy (IGABT) for treating cervical cancer
- Introduction to treating cervical cancer using interstitial brachytherapy
- Moving from 2D to 3D IGABT
- The reasons to implement 3D IGABT in your practice
- Imaging options (CT vs. MRI)
- Review of society guidelines
- How to Implement 3D IGABT
- Patient selection criteria
- Review of applicators, their assembly and reconstruction
- Workflow and required personnel
- Simulation and Imaging
- Treatment Planning and Optimization
- Physics, Quality Assurance, and Treatment Delivery
- Multi-disciplinary treatment planning, team roles, logistics, infrastructure and learning curve
- Reasons to Attend
- Hands-on exercises
- Observation of a live case (depends on patient availability)
March 18: 12 – 6 p.m. (lunch included)
March 19: 8 a.m. – 2 p.m. (breakfast and lunch included)
HCPs that have an interest in gynecologic brachytherapy treatment, specifically cervical cancer, include, but may not be limited to:
- Radiation Oncologists
- Medical Physicists
- Gynecologic Oncologists
The registration fee is 970 EURO (excl VAT) and includes lunch on Monday and breakfast and lunch on Tuesday. The fee is exclusive of travel and hotel costs.
Medical resident for to receive a 50% discount on this workshop, please email email@example.com
Continuing Education (CE) Credits
Elekta has applied to CAMPEP for 7.75 MPCEC hours for Medical Physicists. CME credits are not given for this course.
Only 8 seats are available for this workshop. Openings will be filled on a first-come first-served basis.