Cervical cancer burden is high in low-middle income countries including India. Brachytherapy being the cornerstone for radio therapeutic management of cervical cancers, is practiced widely in LMIC’s. However, there are challenges to implement advances in brachytherapy including image based brachytherapy. With an aim towards smooth transition, implementation and dissemination, we have designed these workshops targeting small groups.
Brachyacademy offers workshops with emphasis on the practical workflow and processes involved in various brachytherapy sites have been successfully implemented across various centers and countries. Participants obtain comprehensive practical insight into the clinical workflow of 3-D image-based brachytherapy for cervical cancers. Practical issues, solutions and constraints for each participating center are defined during extensive discussions on the practical aspects of implementing 3-D image-based brachytherapy for gynecology.
- Transition from 2D to 3D
- Imaging and contouring
- Treatment planning principles including applicator reconstruction
- Live case & Videos of GYN BT procedures
- Treatment planning workshop
- Team roles, logistics, infrastructure, learning curve
- Hands-on exercises
- Umesh Mahantshetty, Professor, Radiation Oncology
- Jamema Swamidas, Associate Professor, Medical Physics
- Supriya Chopra, Professor, Radiation Oncology
- Lavanya Gurram, Assistant Professor, Radiation Oncology
- Yogesh Ghadi, Assistant Professor, Medical Physics
- Dheera Aravindakshan, Assistant Professor, Medical Physics
- Libin Scaria, Medical Physics
Department of Radiation Oncology and Medical Physics, Tata memorial Centre, Mumbai, India
- Alina Sturdza, MD, FRCPC – Radiation Oncologist
Department of Radiotherapy, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna General Hospital (AKH), Austria
- Previous participation in the ESTRO or AROI –ESTRO GYN Teaching Course on ‘Image-guided radiotherapy & chemotherapy in gynecological cancer’
- Oncentra Brachytherapy experience
- GYN Brachytherapy experience
- Radiation Oncologists
- Clinical Physicists
- Radiation Technologists
The faculty strongly advises multi-disciplinary teams per hospital to register!
The registration fee is 490 euro (excl VAT) and includes all workshop materials, dinner on Friday and beverages and lunches on Friday and Saturday. The fee is exclusive of travel and hotel costs.