Due to Corona (COVID-19), we were forced to cancel this workshop.
This two-day breast brachytherapy workshop will comprise of teaching lectures, practical demonstration of live cases and hands-on sessions. The course intends to provide training to practicing radiation oncologists and medical physicists in a range of breast brachytherapy techniques. This would include free hand and template based intra-operative and post-operative closed cavity interstitial breast brachytherapy for APBI as well as interstitial and surface mould brachytherapy for chest wall recurrences. It will help you to establish or expand the interstitial brachytherapy programme for breast cancer and other sites. The evidence and guidelines for case selection and techniques of APBI will be covered. The course is unique as it will provide an opportunity for the participants to have practical experience of interstitial brachytherapy on Silicone Breast Mould and do dosimetry under the guidance of world class brachytherapists who have over two decades of experience in interstitial brachytherapy.
- Lectures on Principles and techniques of breast brachytherapy
- Demonstration of live case for breast brachytherapy in OT
- Hands-on CT-planning and implantation (Silicone Breast Moulds)
- Home assignment followed by critical analysis on day 2
- Pictorial lectures on patient care and difficult cases
- Treatment planning workflow from CT acquisition to plan finalization
- Dr Tibor Major Medical Physicist, National Institute of Oncology, Hungary (Guest speaker)
- Dr. Rajiv Sarin Professor, Radiation Oncology & Convener Breast Disease Management Group, TMC (Chair and Host)
- Dr. Tabassum Wadasadawala Associate Professor, Radiation Oncology, TMC
- Dr. Rima Pathak Assistant Professor, Radiation Oncology, TMC
- Dr. RituRaj Upreti Medical Physicist, TMC (Host)
- Mrs. Reenadevi Ph Medical Physicist, ACTREC, TMC
- Mr. Libin Scaria Medical Physicist, TMC
- Previous participation in the ESTRO or AROI –ESTRO GYN Teaching Course on ‘Image-guided radiotherapy & chemotherapy in gynecological cancer’
- Oncentra Brachytherapy experience
- GYN Brachytherapy experience
Radiation oncologists and medical physicists practicing or intending to start breast brachytherapy. The faculty strongly advises multi-disciplinary teams per hospital to register!
- Experience in brachytherapy
- Experience with Oncentra® Brachy (a planning system used during hands-on sessions).
The registration fee for a team of a Radiation Oncologist and a Medical Physicist from one Indian hospital is INR 6 000 (excl VAT), INR 4 000 for individual registrations from India and includes all workshop materials, dinner on Friday and beverages and lunches on Friday and Saturday. The fee is exclusive of travel and hotel costs.
Please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) about registration fee for non-Indian participants.