IMPORTANT: we are fully booked but still have some seats left for Medical Physicists (Indian and International). Please register ASAP.
The aim of this 3-day comprehensive live classroom workshop is to introduce the brachytherapy practitioner to principles and techniques of gynecological brachytherapy. The course content will focus on standard and advanced brachytherapy techniques for cervix, vaginal, endometrial, vulva and periurethral cancer. Also included in this course is brachytherapy for reirradiation for recurrence or second primary tumors within the pelvic regions. The course will focus on defining target concepts, selection of applicators, live or video demonstration of techniques and treatment planning. The course will also include active discussions on practical aspects, expected clinical outcomes and a focus session on challenging clinical case scenarios.
Radiation Oncologists who intend to transition from practice of standard brachytherapy to advanced gynaecological brachytherapy including reirradiation. Medical Physicists who intend to develop skills in principles of treatment planning of advanced brachytherapy for gynaecological cancers.
Basic knowledge of standard gynecological brachytherapy practice is expected.
Expected Knowledge at Course Completion
At the completion of course, the attendees will be able to have sufficient knowledge to begin the transition to advanced brachytherapy practice. However, as this transition is expected to be a continuous process follow up evaluations and online practical e-learning and interaction modules are planned, as outlined below.
Didactic Follow up Interactions with Course Faculty
- Submission of 1 case of image guided brachytherapy with treatment plan within 3 months of course attendance. Centre presents a video of brachytherapy procedure and treatment plans. Feedback by course faculty.
- At 6 months, web based interaction is planned with course participants. This is envisioned as a session where a transitioning practitioner re-discusses progress, challenges and implementation steps. The participating sites may also consider registering towards learning curve establishment for their clinical team.
- At 12 months centre submits 1 case of advanced brachytherapy with treatment planning. Assessment of centre eligibility for registering on advanced brachytherapy user and training forum.
- JP Agarwal, India
- RA Kinhikar, India
- Supriya Chopra, Course Director and Radiation Oncologist, Tata Memorial Centre, Mumbai, India.
- Remi Nout, Radiation Oncologist, Erasmus University Medical Centre, Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
- Alina Sturdza, Radiation Oncologist, Medical University of Vienna,Vienna, Austria.
- Yogesh Ghadi, Medical Physicist, Tata Memorial Hospital Mumbai, India.
- Rituraj Upreti, Medical Physicist, Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, India.
Local and national faculty
- Prachi Mittal
- Jeevanshu Jain
- Subhojit Panda
- Ankita Gupta
- Satish Kohle
SAARC Countries and Africa
Per Participant: 20,000 INR
Team (Radiation Oncologist + Medical Physicist): 35,000 INR
Per participant: 12,000 INR
Team (Radiation Oncologist + Medical Physicist): 18,000 INR
Per Participant: 35,000 INR
Team (Radiation Oncologist + Medical Physicist): 60,000 INR
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- If the participant cancel his/her registration up to November 18th 2023 (up to 2 month prior) the refund of the participant fee will be 100 %.
- If the participant cancel his/her registration up to December 18th 2023 (up to 1 month prior) the refund of the participant fee will be 50%.
- If the participant cancel his/her registration after December 18th 2023, there will be no refund.