The purpose of this interactive masterclass is to learn more about the growing experience with Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation (APBI) in order to help you embark on a new program of breast brachytherapy or help you further strengthen your existing program. Topics covered will include current data about patient selection, state of the art of target definition and delineation, physics aspects and specific breast brachytherapy techniques. Highlights of this course include live case demonstrations, hands on planning and interactive sessions exploring the indications and use of various modalities of APBI. Given the faculty’s extensive and diverse experience in APBI, we present the latest breast brachytherapy data and actively engage you with debates on controversial issues regarding APBI.
- Current status of breast cancer brachytherapy
- Patient selection and clinical results of APBI brachytherapy
- APBI techniques and pre-implant considerations
- Treatment planning methodologies based on image-guidance
- Team roles, logistics and infrastructure
- Hands-on planning and implantation (phantom)
- Live treatment case
J.I.Tang, National University Cancer Institute, National University Hospital Singapore (Chair)
V.Strnad, University Hospital Erlangen, Germany (Chair)
J.Guinot, Foundation Instituto Valenciano de Oncología (I.V.O.), Spain
T.Major, National Cancer Institute Budapest, Hungary
C.Polgar, National Cancer Institute Budapest, Hungary
T. Poh Wee, National University Cancer Institute, National University Hospital, Singapore
Radiation oncologists, medical physicists, and medical residents practicing in the field of breast brachytherapy or wanting to set up breast brachytherapy. The faculty strongly advises multi-disciplinary teams per hospital to register!
- Experience in brachytherapy
- Experience with Oncentra® Brachy, as this is the planning system used during the hands on session.
The program will be conducted in English
The registration fee is 490 euro and includes dinner on Monday and beverages and lunches on Monday and Tuesday. The fee is exclusive of travel and hotel costs et cetera.