Site: Banner MD Anderson, Gilbert, AZ
A clinical workshop focused on ultrasound-based Real-time HDR prostate treatments. Banner MD Anderson uses the Oncentra prostate Real-time treatment planning system.
Learning the benefits of Real-time prostate HDR brachytherapy
- Participants can interact with experts, see live cases, and practice treatment planning.
- Review of patient selection criteria and applicator selection.
An integrated overview of the concept and practice of Real-time image-guided prostate implants and adaptive planning
- This workshop addresses all aspects (clinical, technical, implementation, and hands-on) necessary for implementing this treatment method in your clinic.
- Participants will focus on implementing the clinical procedure, workflow, and equipment into their practice. On the second day, you will observe a live case
Discussing the successful implementation of Real-time prostate treatments with the faculty
- Clinical method and procedure (clinical indicators, live case, clinical results, procedure, workflow, infrastructure, and equipment)
- Implementation aspects (training requirements, learning curve, milestones, workflow optimization, quality assurance)
- Hands-on training of the Oncentra Prostate real-time planning system
- Applicator preparation and assembly
- Treatment planning and delivery
- Physics and Quality Assurance
Reasons to Attend
- The ability to see the entire case from beginning to end and ask many questions
- Clinical aspects (e.g., patient selection, clinical indicators, use of functional imaging, treatment planning, benefits of real-time ultrasound-based procedure)
- Implementation aspects (e.g., workflow, quality assurance, milestones)
- Hands-on experience with the planning system
- Dr. Rachit Kumar, MD – Section Chief of Radiation Oncology
- Dr. Amir Sadeghi, Ph.D. – Regional Director of Radiation Oncology Physics
- Thaddeus Sokolowski – Physicist
- Morgan Fineman – Radiation Therapist
- Rachel Lembo – Nurse
Experience in prostate brachytherapy is desirable, but not required.
Team members interested or starting a real-time Image-Guided HDR brachytherapy for prostate
- Radiation Oncologists
- Clinical Physicists
- Brachytherapy-focused Dosimetrists
The registration fee is $1,249 and includes lunch on Monday and Tuesday. The price is exclusive of travel and hotel costs. Elekta can add travel to the quote if needed.
Medical residents: to receive a 50% discount on this workshop, please email email@example.com
Twelve seats are available for this workshop. Openings will be filled on a first come, first served basis.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Elekta and the participating hospital make every effort to hold the workshop according to the advertised date. However, there are instances when the workshop may need to be rescheduled or canceled (e.g., due to a lack of live cases or COVID-related restrictions). Elekta will notify registered participants at least four weeks before the event if this happens. Therefore, we strongly suggest you book your airline tickets 2 – 4 weeks before the workshop date to ensure that the workshop will be held. You should also book accommodations at hotels that offer a flexible cancellation policy (e.g., within 24 – 72 hours).