The purpose of this clinical workshop is threefold:
1. Integrated overview of the concept and practice of Real-time image-guided implants and adaptive planning
- The programme addresses all aspects (clinical, technical, implementation and hands-on) necessary to deciding how this treatment method will benefit your clinical practice.
- After observing a live case, participants focus on the clinical procedure, workflow and equipment.
2. Learning the benefits in comparison to alternative CT-based procedures
- Participants will have the opportunity to obtain hands-on experience of this approach through practicing with available systems
3. Discuss with the faculty how this treatment modality can be successfully implemented into their clinical environment
- Clinical method and procedure (clinical indicators, live case, clinical results, procedure, workflow, infrastructure and equipment)
- Implementation aspects (training requirements, learning curve, milestones, workflow optimisation, quality assurance)
- Hands-on experience with method and tooling using a real-time planning system
- Live prostate case
- Clinical aspects (e.g. patient selection, clinical indicators, use of functional imaging, treatment planning, benefits of real-time ultrasound based procedure)
- Implementation aspects (e.g. workflow, quality assurance, milestones)
- Hands-on experience with method and system
- Dr. Ann Henry, Clinical Oncologist
- Dr. David Bottomley, Clinical Oncologist
- Dr. Sree Rodda, Clinical Oncologist
- Dr. Brendan Carey, Radiologist
- Dr. Jonathan Smith, Radiologist
- Dr. Oliver Hulson, Radiologist
- Dr. Josh Mason, Physicist
- Dr. Bashar Al-Qaisieh, Physicist
- Peter Bownes, Physicist
- Carolyn Richardson, Physicist
- Clare Wilkinson, Radiographer
Experience in prostate brachytherapy is desirable.
Training center and duration
1,5 day workshop (Tuesday afternoon, Wednesday full day) at the brachytherapy department of the St James’s Institute of Oncology in Leeds, UK
Radiation oncologists, urologists, radiologists, clinical physicists and brachytherapy radiographers wanting an integrated overview of all aspects of Real-time Image-Guided HDR brachytherapy for Prostate.
The registration fee is 970 euro (excl VAT) and includes dinner on Tuesday and beverages and lunches on Tuesday and Wednesday. The fee is exclusive of travel and hotel costs.