For the spanish version of this page, please click here
The workshop on interstitial brachytherapy of cervical cancer is organized with the aim of increasing the training in a technique that has impact on the survival of these patients. It has been demonstrated that appropriate radiotherapy treatment is the more important factor in the survival of advanced cervical cancer.
The workshop is intended to teams of physician and physicist of the same hospital, with basic knowledge of gynecological brachytherapy.
1.-Know recommendations of image guided brachytherapy in the aspects of planning and contouring, GEC-ESTRO, GEB and GBFM ICRU 89.
2.- Recognize the benefits of interstitial brachytherapy in advanced tumors.
3.- Facilitate on-site training with interstitial applicators, live patient case in operating theater, treatment planning of real clinical cases.
- Elena Villafranca. Radiation Oncologist. Complejo Hospitalario de Navarra.
- Santiago Pellejero. Phisicyst. Complejo Hospitalario de Navarra.
- Ines Alvarez de Eulate. Radiologist. Complejo Hospitalario de Navarra;
- Naiara Fuentemilla. Phisicyst. Complejo Hospitalario de Navarra;
- Jose Perez Calatayud. Phisicyst. Hospital La Fe;
- Silvia Rodríguez. Radiation Oncologist Clínica Benidorm;
- Amaya Sola. Radiation Oncologist. Complejo Hospitalario de Navarra;
- Gynecologist (TBA). Complejo Hospitalario de Navarra.
- GYN Brachy experience with 3D image-based brachytherapy for gynecological tumor
- Radiation Oncologists
- Medical Physicists
The faculty strongly advises multi-disciplinary teams per hospital to register!
The registration fee is 970 euro (excl VAT) and includes all workshop materials, dinner on Sunday and beverages and lunches on Sunday and Monday. The fee is exclusive of travel and hotel costs.
Promotion: if a doctor and a physicist from one hospital participate at workshop, the registration fee for both is 1070 euro.