A clinical workshop focused on improving your treatment planning and delivery skills with High Dose Rate Brachytherapy
Meeting Date and Location: Please note that the meeting will take place in a different location each day.
On April 8th, it will be at the Research Center:
Montreal, H2X 0A9
On April 9th, it is at the CHUM
Montreal, H2X 0C2
Breakfast in room D.S4.5030
Lunch in room D.14.7009
Learning the benefits of Real-time prostate in comparison to CT-based procedure
- Participants will have the opportunity to interact with experts, see live cases, and practice on treatment planning systems
- Review of patient selection criteria and applicator selection
Integrated overview on the concept and practice of Real-time image-guided prostate implants and adaptive planning
- This workshop addresses all aspects (clinical, technical, implementation and hands-on) necessary for deciding how this treatment method will benefit your clinical practice
- After observing a live case, participants will focus on implementing the clinical procedure, workflow and equipment into their practice
Discuss with the faculty how this treatment modality can be successfully implemented into their clinical environment
- Clinical method and procedure (clinical indicators, live case, clinical results, procedure, workflow, infrastructure and equipment)
- Implementation aspects (training requirements, learning curve, milestones, workflow optimization, quality assurance)
- Hands-on experience with method and tooling using a real-time planning system
- Applicator assembly and preparation
- Treatment planning and delivery
- Physics and Quality Assurance
Reasons to Attend
- Live prostate case
- Clinical aspects (e.g. patient selection, clinical indicators, use of functional imaging, treatment planning, benefits of real-time ultrasound based procedure)
- Implementation aspects (e.g. workflow, quality assurance, milestones)
- Hands-on experience with method and system
Experience in prostate brachytherapy is desirable
Each of the below individuals who wish to gain an integrated overview of all aspects of real-time Image-Guided HDR brachytherapy for prostate:
- Radiation Oncologists
- Clinical Physicists
- Brachytherapy Radiographers
The registration fee is 970 EURO (excl VAT) and includes lunch on Monday and breakfast and lunch on Tuesday. The fee is exclusive of travel and hotel costs.
Medical resident for to receive a 50% discount on this workshop, please email email@example.com
Elekta has applied to CAMPEP for 7.75 MPCEC hours for Medical Physicists. CME credits are not given for this course.
Only ten (10) seats are available for this workshop. Openings will be filled on a “first come, first served” basis.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Elekta and the workshop hospital make every effort to hold the workshop according to the advertised date. However, there are instances when the workshop may need to be rescheduled or canceled (e.g. due to lack of live cases or low attendance). In the event that this happens, Elekta will notify registered participants at least 4 weeks prior to the event. Therefore, we strongly suggest you book your airline tickets 2 – 4 weeks prior to the workshop date to ensure that the workshop will be held. As well, you should book accommodations at hotels that offer a flexible cancellation policy (e.g. within 24 – 72 hours).